Monday, January 31, 2011

Grandma

Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven. Your faithfulness endures to all generations. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.

Lam 3: 21-234, Ps119:89, Ps 100:4-5

My heart is overflowing with fun and funny memories of Grandma. Like the time she caught Katie and I snooping in Jenn’s diary while my parents were away. She grounded us from the Cosby show, but her Grandma resolve wasn’t that strong. She caved and we watched it anyways. At Grandma’s I was fed a continual diet of toast and butter. She made the best Chex Mix and eights at Christmas time. My favorite gift from Grandma was a homemade night gown perfect for twirling. She loved to play cards and board games with us kids. She introduced me to Jane Austin and the greatest movie of all time, Pride and Prejudice. My Grandma was an excellent Great Grandma to my children. They loved each other so much! I am so thankful that they were able to know her and create fun memories with her.

Grandma is one of my heroes. She endured and was faithful. She was tough, and determined. Some would call this stubbornness, a trait she passed on to many of her children and grandchildren. Over the past decade I watched a transformation happen in Grandma. The Holy Spirit was at work in her, changing her, healing her. She forgave and sought forgiveness. It’s never too late to let Jesus heal your heart. She showed me this.

I can’t help but think of the impact this one little lady has had on the Kingdom of God . Through the pains, hurts, and ugliness of life circumstances, amazing, beautiful life has come forth and multiplied. Represented in this room are thousands of people whose lives have been and will be changed by Jesus Christ through her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren. What an amazing legacy I have inherited! Thank you, Jesus and Thank you, Grandma. I miss you already and love you forever. Your Favorite, Stephie.

No comments:

Post a Comment