Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!

He was the new college roommate of my childhood friend. A cute, polite, southern boy. I asked him my preliminary questions. His answers were incorrect. Time passes. A few friendly waves from a distance. Polite small talk as we gather with friends. A bit of a crush forms.

Then, it happened. As we prepare for a school activity together, I hear His still small voice. "This is it. He's the one."

WHAT? Really? But God, He didn't answer my questions right. (As if my questions mean anything to the Creator.) Sure, he's nice, but are you sure?

"Trust in me."

More time passes. A friendship forms, and I fall absolutely head over heels in love. He asks for my hand, and I say yes.

Nine years later, and I am still crazy about that southern boy. He is my best friend, my partner in life.

Thank You, Lord, for my husband. You are a good Creator God. Your plans for us are perfect and good. You created us with each other in mind, with our children in mind. Thank You for all you have done for us. Thank you for blessing and protecting our marriage. Thank you for nine wonderful years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment