Monday, January 11, 2010

Goodbye 20's...

Another decade has come and gone, and taken my twenties along with it. Yes, I will be turning the big 30 this year, and dreading it already. It is not the issue of age or becoming older that I dread, but the fact that so much time has passed.

I look back at my twenties with a mix of emotions. I reached big milestones---marriage, motherhood. God had provided, protected and blessed me beyond measure. I have so much to be thankful for. However, woven among the blessings and good times, have come some serious challenges and hard times.

As I face the close of a decade and the start of another, I feel frustrated. I wasted so much time---valuable time. I look back and see how I could have done things better. I look at my current state of being and think, I should be better than this! I should be further along than this! It is as if time was moving in a fast forward motion, yet I was stuck in slow motion.

I was blessed to be able to spend the first week of this new decade at the International House of Prayer in KC, Mo. It was so nice to be able to get away and spend hours in His Presence. Being reminded that it is all about our love relationship with Jesus. The more time I spend loving Him and allowing Him to love me, the better I am at life.

Someone spoke/prayed this word from the Lord over all of those present "I know you are a work in progress, but don't you know I love the process?" Wow. He really does. My life is woven in His. He doesn't look at my life and think "Yeah, you really should be further along. I am really disappointed in you." He says, "I know where you are at, and I know where you are going. Let's go together. It's the journey together I enjoy."

So, as I face my 30's head on, and contemplate the many changes I want/need to make, I remember the most important. Loving and being loved by God. I want to look back 10 years from now,not frustrated about the coulda, woulda, shoulda, but with satisfaction. The satisfaction that comes from knowing, despite all that life brought--both good and bad-- I spent the last 10 years head-over-heels in love with my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment